Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Pilates!

So recently I started doing pilates to get some exercise in and some Me time. I was pretty sure i would enjoy doing pilates from what i had heard but i didn't realize just how much i would love it! It's so similar to dance which is what i truly love and it's super relaxing in a similar way to yoga. For all the moms out there, one of my very favorite things about this, is that i can manage to do it with Laila around because its so slow and interruptions don't quite matter as much. I LOVE feeling my body work in ways it hasn't in years since i was in dance and it really gives me time to think about strength and purpose in life.

I also have been contemplating the idea of our bodies being a temple and what that means in everyday life. Most of our focus as Christians is guarding ourselves spiritually and making sure we are spiritually pure and connected with our savior which is unbelievably important! Recently i have been really convicted about the physical aspect of this concept because I don't always take the best care of my body, especially when i am depressed or tired. If our bodies are given to us by the creator to do His will in this life, shouldn't we take the best care of ourselves that we can?! The amazing thing about this is that when i am keeping my body strong, my mind and my spirit tend to follow. As i stretch my muscles to their limit I am reminded of what i am capable of both spiritually and physically with the strength of Christ in me. Wonderful and amazing!

For those of you wondering, the program i have been following is called BLOGILATES and its a free website with a ton of inspiring videos and schedules.

What ways do you strengthen your temple? (Especially with little ones around!)

Stay focused, beautiful, and always Joyful,

~Sarah~

No comments:

Post a Comment