So much has changed in the last two and a half weeks..not just physical things either. My entire view on life has changed as well as my hopes and my desires. I've learned to fear God in a way that I never truly understood before. He is the giver of life and the ruler of death, who are we compared to HIM? This life is but a glimpse of eternity and although we may feel in control, we truly are in control of nothing. He holds our lives in His hands, so shall we not praise Him with every breath we have? When you come to this realization, serving Him in all things becomes the only option left.
Although a new fear of my father has been instilled in me, I have also learned what real love is and how to never take the small joys in life for granted. I often found myself complaining over small things and stressing over the daily things in life. But now when I look back, those were joys that I didn't recognize in the moment. I used to feel like things and people would always be around and that my family was truly mine but what I've come to realize is that nothing is truly ours. Everything is a gift from above and if we view it as that then maybe we wont take so many things for granted.
I used to wake up in the morning and talk to my father in heaven and most of the time I would ask for silly things that I wanted or felt I needed. But now thanks to my precious Levi Andrew, the view from the eyes of my heart has been altered and the true desires of my heart have changed. My prayer now every morning is this...
Abba..Thank you so much for another day of life and of love. Thank you for letting me watch over your precious angels for one more day. Thank you for letting me count tiny fingers and tiny toes one more day. Thank you for letting me kiss angel cheeks for they truly do heal my soul. Let me be a light in their life and a picture of the joy and the hope that you alone have given us. Let me take the time to look into their eyes and learn the lessons you have brought them here to teach me today as well. Let me not overlook the small joys in life in pursuit of something I perceive to be great because this life is so short compared to the glory still to come. Let me be a wife that honors my husband just as your people were called to honor you. Let my heart beat in tune with yours as I go about my day and let me take the time to stop and listen when you whisper your secrets in my ear. Most of all, let everything I do point towards you and let YOUR will be done.

Beautiful! Very well-written and inspiring. I love seeing that God is using this time in your life for good. We're still praying for you all! Lots of love!
ReplyDeleteSo beautifully written. You have a rare gift for words, God has truly blessed you.
ReplyDelete