Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Zoo and Cousins!
This week my cousin Kate and her sweet girls Gwen, Alice, and Tabitha are here for a visit from Killeen. We have had a great time watching the kids play together and get to know each other better. I am kinda surprised we haven't broken something tripping over all the toys scattered around the house though. Those kids sure know how to make a mess! Its fun being able to spend time with family because more and more I am realizing the value of having those connections. We take family and friends for granted too often and I believe we should try to be close with those that we can.
One of the fun (and sometimes stressful) things about the girls playing together, is getting to watch them learn to play with another little person. Its hard when they don't have kids their age around often (Kate and I are both stay at home mommies) and so its been a learning process for them having another kid around to share toys and space with. Listening in on their arguments is fun because it shows just how intelligent they already are and how their tiny little brains are already processing so many things. As I was listening (and video taping..lol) one of their funny arguments, I thought to myself, 'I wonder if us adults sound this silly when we get into arguments with each other?' I wouldn't doubt it! Makes me think about how often we get onto our little ones for things and yet continue to display the same attitudes in our own relationships. Definitely something to think about.
So today we got the kids ready fairly early and packed them all in the truck to head to the Dallas Zoo. Laila has been a couple times but Gwen had never been before today so we thought it would be fun for her especially. As soon as we got there the kids were so excited to see the animals and it was hard to keep their little hands in mine! The first exhibit they saw (and the favorite) was the penguins. They were so fascinated by the penguins swimming around under the water and they had fun pressing their noses against the glass to watch. We then walked through the large animal exhibits and saw the Elephants, Giraffes (my favorite), Cheetahs, and Lions. The girls were amazed to see such large animals so close. Both Gwen and Laila told us that they were planning on riding one of the elephants. I love how their little minds work! They make me laugh. We tried to see the gorillas but because of the heat they were all hiding under an observation building so we couldn't see them. By about two hours in the girls were exhausted and hungry so we decided to pack up and head back home. Of course, the girls had to stop at the penguins again! It didn't hurt that their were also misters by the penguins so it was nice and cool :) Overall it was a fabulous time and the girls had fun. We will definitely have to make more trips to the zoo in the future!
Hope everyone is finding fun activities to do despite the heat!
Stay Joyful,
~Sarah~
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



































No comments:
Post a Comment